Chocolate covered strawberries are my new signature dish. Any party, shin did or barbecue that has a ‘bring a dish along’ vibe will be graced by chocolate covered strawberries from now on.
I’ve already made them twice this year; I made a batch on New Year’s Eve for our New Year’s at home and I made another batch for a baby shower last Saturday. They are so easy to make, so pretty to look at and so tasty to eat that I have decided this is going to be my go-to party dish for now on. And all you need to make them are three ingredients: strawberries, a bar of milk chocolate and a smaller bar of white chocolate (optional!).
Now you can use any chocolate but I will silently judge you if you choose anything other than Cadbury’s dairy milk.
- Wash your strawberries and lay them on a tea towel, dry each one with a paper towel. This helps the chocolate to stick on.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Boil 2-3 inches of water in a small pan, break the milk chocolate into pieces and put them into a glass bowl. Put the bowl in the pan and melt the chocolate, stirring frequently. Once all the chocolate is melted take the bowl off the heat.
- Dip each strawberry in the chocolate, shake off the excess and lay the strawberry on the baking parchment
- Melt the white chocolate using the same method
- Spatter the melted white chocolate over the strawberries for a chaotic marble look
- Place the tray in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour before serving.
8. Dunk rich tea biscuits in the left over chocolate. Eat the lot. Tell no one.